Info for Patients
Making an Appointment
- For appointments and enquiries please call our rooms on 07 5564 6922. (All appointments are booked through this number regardless of where your procedure or consultation will take place).
- Please arrive at your appointment at the time given. If you are running late kindly contact our rooms to let us know.
- If you can not make it to your appointment, please contact our rooms so your appointment time can be allocated to another patient on our waiting list.
Medication will be discussed with you at the time of booking. Please have details of your medications with you when you call to make an appointment. We specifically need to know if you are on any of the following Medications:
Coumadin or Marevan (Warfarin)
Plavix, Iscover, Coplavix (clopidogrel)
Ticlid or Tilodene (ticopidine)
Solprin or Cartia (aspirin)
Vitamins & Suppliments
- Fees for a consultation will be provided at time of booking and are payable on the day of the consultation.
- Patients with private health insurance (Must have adequate hospital cover and medicare card and not be within waiting period) – all insured claims for routine GI Endoscopy services will be sent directly to the Health Fund. If patients have an excess with their Health Fund this will be payable to the hospital or day surgery on the day of your procedure. Patients are responsible for confirming they are covered for any procedure they are booked for, item numbers will be provided on booking confirmation.
- Uninsured patients will be provided an estimate of fees when making their appointment. Please note our doctors operate in private facilities and there will be fees payable. Fees quoted are not claimable from Medicare.
- Patients that hold a Pension or Health Care Card will be bulk billed by the Gastroenterologist for routine GI Endoscopy services. Patients will be provided a cost estimate for discounted private hospital facility fees that are payable and is not claimable from medicare.
- Patients that do not have a medicare card or have a reciprocal medicare card will be charged inline with the recommended Australian Medical Association (AMA) charges.
- In the event of any unforeseen variations from the proposed treatment, the cost estimate may vary. This may include but not limited to: additional procedures based on symptoms, change of procedure due to unforeseen complication, or excess bleeding from polyp removal.
- There is a $25 fee payable for the Preparation Kit needed for all Colonoscopy procedures.
- Pathology charges- Your doctor may take biopsies or remove polyps during the procedure. If this is the case you may receive an account from Helix Pathology/ QML Pathology. This account is completely covered by Medicare and your health fund if you are privately insured. YOU WILL HAVE TO LODGE THE ACCOUNT WITH YOUR HEALTH FUND FOR THEM TO PAY/ ALTERNATIVELY YOU CAN PAY THE ACCOUNT IN FULL AND CLAIM THE MONEY BACK.
- All fees will be given at the time of making an appointment, written financial consent with be provided with your appointment confirmation email/form.
ALL FEES MUST BE PAID AT LEAST 7 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR PROCEDURE
- If any of our doctors are called to visit you in hospital it is at their discretion to charge above the schedule fee set by Medicare and your Health Fund. This will be disclosed to you prior to your consultation or procedure and where possible Informed Financial Consent will be faxed to the hospital for your perusal and signing before the procedure. An account will be sent to you once you have been discharged from hospital.